Digital Learning Day is an excellent way to celebrate the ways that our students engage with the world. In education, technology has changed the world we interact with each other – from the classroom to the world.
“Education is evolving due to the impact of the Internet. We cannot teach our students in the same manner in which we were taught. Change is necessary to engage students not in the curriculum we are responsible for teaching, but in school. Period.” – April Chamberlain
“Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is most important.” – Bill Gates
Digital Learning Day – Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires
Take a Quiz Safer Internet Day 2016 Quiz
View a video
Post your thoughts on the Padlet (see below)
Classes are encouraged to think about their use of technology in the learning process and
“Share your favourite technological tool for learning and add the hashtag #DLD. Why is it your favourite?”
Read a blog post (or two)
- BeeBots, Cubelets and Spheros in the Utilities Room
Year Five Mini-Exhibition
The Year Five students have been preparing for their Mini- Exhibition this week. They have been inquiring into the impact of economic decision making.
The economic decisions within society have an impact on humankind and the environment.
Lines of Inquiry
- Economic activities and decisions within society.
- The effect of economic decisions on human kind.
- The effect of economic decisions on the environment.
See below some of the apps and websites that they created to share this information.
Select the image below and scan the QR code to view the Blippit apps. Alternatively, all the St Andrews apps can be viewed HERE .
|Zoo Industry||Surfing Industry||Oil Industry||Shoe Industry|
|Cosmetic Industry||Clothing Industry||Pet Industry||Car Manufacturing|
|Cosmetics Industry 2||Fast Food Industry||Pharmaceutical Industry||Palm Oil Industry|
The students worked in groups to design a maze for navigating the Sphero.
This is what happened.
SPHERO MAZE CHALLENGE
- Design a maze for the sphero to travel through.
- Consider the ways that the other teams can gain or lose points.
- Challenge another team to complete your maze.
- Use any of the sphero apps on the iPad to complete this challenge.
- Instructable: How to draw a maze
SPHERO YR 5 & 6 MAZE CHALLENGE
AIM: You and your team are challenged to complete the Sphero Maze.
As a team are trying to collect points along the way. You have a limited amount of time per group. The team with the most points wins. This is a game of challenge and strategy.
You will be given time as a team to consider the best approach to achieve the most points.
Consider the below:
1) Is it better to collect points or complete the challenge in the fastest time?
2) Collaboratively decide on the best course of action. Assign a driver and support team.
Mazes sourced: Big Activities
Time Allocation: 1 MINUTE PER GROUP