Today was a day filled with #STEM and #coding at #EdutechAU Masterclass.
Participants explored how STEM can engage and challenge students while implementing the Australian Curriculum (Science, Mathematics and Technologies).
The days was a ‘hands on’ approach with participants applying a design thinking approach to robotics, programming and STEM, examining related concepts to adapt and implement in their context.
See some below some of the resources and sharing from the day.
— Michael (@brbcycling) June 1, 2016
— Julia Boulton (julia_boulton) June 1, 2016
DESIGN THINKING AND CHALLENGES
Ideas in the making…. Just some thoughts
- Significant Challenges Impeding K-12 Ed Tech Adoption
- Difficult Challenges: Those that we understand but for which solutions are elusive
- Complex Thinking and Communication
- Integrating Personalized Learning
- Solvable Challenges: Those that we understand and know how to solve
- Creating Authentic Learning Opportunities
PS: This week I visited PIMPAMA STATE SECONDARY COLLEGE and saw their design thinking in action. Looking forward to seeing the next stage of their journey.