As a Teacher Librarian and eLearning Leader, I am responsible for managing a team to meet the goals and needs of the community. I have enacted a vision for sustaining pedagogical change with consideration of best practice in libraries and the potential growth and impact on future learning.
I have developed a range of policies and procedures, Library handbooks, ICT and Information Literacy Scope and Sequence documents for the Junior School and role statements for the library staff.
In addition to this, the library was redesigned as a contemporary and flexible learning space developed around the needs of the community.
Areas of Note
- Curriculum & Instruction – Australian Curriculum, Primary Years Programme, inquiry learning, Technologies and information literacy
- Mentoring – library and technology contexts
- Designing transformative learning – project aligned, adapted to suit requirements (e.g. just in time support)
- Instructional technology coaching
- Contemporary library – a Makerspace modelled on STEM and design thinking principles
- Flexible learning environment – redesigned Junior School Library
- Resourcing – Primary Years Programme, facilitating external access, collection reflecting diversity, cultural and bi-lingual resources
- Development of teaching materials – using a variety of platforms (e.g. iTunesU, iBooks, Moodle, Firefly)
- Teaching – students across year levels, staff and parents, specific interest groups and enrichment opportunities
- Curriculum development – Primary Years Programme, Australian Curriculum, STEM and design thinking
- Strategic Planning – long term projects, grant applications, visioning
- Budgeting and Project Management
Over the years I developed various resources to facilitate external access;
- Junior School library blog and webpage
- Junior School intranet (Moodle –internal access)
- Wikispaces for various groups and purposes
- Teacher Librarian and eLearning vision
- Develop a design for the library