Today was a day filled with #STEM and #coding at #EdutechAU Masterclass.
Participants explored how STEM can engage and challenge students while implementing the Australian Curriculum (Science, Mathematics and Technologies).
The days was a ‘hands on’ approach with participants applying a design thinking approach to robotics, programming and STEM, examining related concepts to adapt and implement in their context.
See some below some of the resources and sharing from the day.
Design Challenge with @Sphero @julia_boulton
#EduTechAU #masterclass pic.twitter.com/2928JTmGgw
DESIGN THINKING AND CHALLENGES
SPHERO MAZE CHALLENGE
- Design a maze for the sphero to travel through.
- Consider the ways that the other teams can gain or lose points.
- Challenge another team to complete your maze.
- Use any of the sphero apps on the iPad to complete this challenge.
SPHERO YR 5 & 6 MAZE CHALLENGE
AIM: You and your team are challenged to complete the Sphero Maze.
As a team are trying to collect points along the way. You have a limited amount of time per group. The team with the most points wins. This is a game of challenge and strategy.
You will be given time as a team to consider the best approach to achieve the most points.
Consider the below:
1) Is it better to collect points or complete the challenge in the fastest time?
2) Collaboratively decide on the best course of action. Assign a driver and support team.
Mazes sourced: Big Activities
Time Allocation: 1 MINUTE PER GROUP
Will you take the challenge?