How the world works
Energy exists in different forms and has an impact on society and our environment.
Lines of Inquiry:
- Forms and interactions of energy and energy transfers
- Collection and generation of different forms of energy
- The impact of energy use on the environment and society
- Energy sustainability for the future
Have you looked at this ENERGY HOTLIST?
Play the energy saving game at Ollie’s world.
Image sourced -Saving Energy site
HOW WE EXPRESS OURSELVES
Visual elements contribute to the expression of ideas and feelings
Key Concepts – Form, Causation
Related Concepts – Energy, Interactions, Expression
Lines of Inquiry
- Properties of light
- Light changing the aesthetics of our environment
- Light enables the expression of feelings and ideas
Learn about sound waves on instaGrok, the research engine:
Music and file formats
The Digital Representation of Sound
Morse code – visually and aurally
Translating Morse code into music
Students investigate codes that are representations of data, for example morse code and semaphore.
· Analog to digital conversion
Morse code – video
Morse code alphabet – PDF
Morse code app (android)
Morse code Mambo – lesson plan
How we express ourselves (previous year’s UOI)
People’s outward appearance can lead to perceptions and misconceptions.
Key Concepts: Perspective, Form
Lines of inquiry:
- Personal clothing and identity
- Reasons for what people wear
- Various perceptions and misconceptions